Sunday, August 3, 2008

JENCOOKS - Haemul Pa Jeon (해물파전)




Making of KIMCHI PA JEON (김치파전)

3rd August 2008

JENCOOKS - Hae-mul Pa Jeon (해물파전)

This is a simple dish to cook up when you just desire to eat something savoury; Korean pa jeon or scallion pancake can be done in a few minutes and it's as good and cheap option than to dress up and go out to fill your growling stomach.

Pa jeon is a traditional Korean pancake and the ingredients are easy to get; basically what you can find in your fridge from your daily or weekly marketing; Flour, scallions, eggs if you want to add it in. Pa Jeon comes in different varieties, Pa Jeon (파전) (scallions batter); Kimchi Jeon (김치파전) or Hae-mul Jeon (해물파전) (seafood) but I like to add in sliced red chilli for that extra power taste.

Once, I had a lovely huge (big pizza size) hae-mul pajeon at Venetian Hotel in Macau foodcourt and tho I was full it was one of the best that I have tried. Since then, on Sat afternoons, whenever I feel like digging into this, I will simply dish this up.

What goes in:All purpose flour mixed with water and eggs to form the batter

Season with Soy Sauce (if you prefer add salt)

I like to align the cut scallions in straight rows

Add cut Red Chilli
Sprinkle Squid and prawns over the pancake

Flip and brown the other side





2 comments:

J2Kfm said...

Pa Jeon!!! my aunt used to make them, very delicious. though I prefer Japanese pizza (okonomiyaki), for the stronger flavour.

I've posted something on the Korean pancakes I think.

Jen REALLY Cooks! :)

JENCOOKS said...

For someone who likes to eat, cooking is a natural thing to do...

I will lookup your Korean pancakes post when I am free. thanks.

JENCOOKS previous posts

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin